backup of raw volume mananger volumes?? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on backup of raw volume mananger volumes?? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I have some volumes in Volume Manager and I want to backup them as raw devices using Netbackup. Can I do this?? What is the path that I put in files of the class? Thanks a lot, RP...

  1. backup of raw volume mananger volumes??

    Hi,
    I have some volumes in Volume Manager and I want to backup them as raw
    devices using Netbackup. Can I do this?? What is the path that I put in
    files of the class?
    Thanks a lot,
    RP

  2. Re: backup of raw volume mananger volumes??

    "Rafael Pires" wrote:
    >I have some volumes in Volume Manager and I want to backup them as raw
    >devices using Netbackup. Can I do this?? What is the path that I put in
    >files of the class?

    Hi Rafael,

    yes, you can do it.
    Just use /dev/vx/rdsk// in your include list,
    or as I prefer in the parameter file of a script-engined
    bpbackup. There will be a warning in the log that the file is
    a raw device. (This is the case of Veritas Volume Manager. The
    other example is /dev/md/rdsk/...)

    Zoli

+ Reply to Thread