unable to backup a client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on unable to backup a client - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi guys, I'm new to this, so don't judge me too hard.... I have a problem in automaticaly backing up a client to Storagetek L20 tape library via scheduled job on the server. However I can successfuly back up a ...

  1. unable to backup a client

    Hi guys,
    I'm new to this, so don't judge me too hard....

    I have a problem in automaticaly backing up a client to Storagetek L20 tape
    library via scheduled job on the server. However I can successfuly back up
    a client via user client interface manualy.

    After scheduled job has began on server, it writes 32K file and exits with
    the message "Operation successfuly completed" even there was /usr to be fully
    backed up.

    Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

    Please help.

  2. Re: unable to backup a client

    Hi Alex, just an idea: Have you entered any files/dirs
    in the class' include list?

    The user backup works well with a parameter, but the
    scheduled backup uses its own list. And if it's empty,
    you may find that it ends really fast.

    Another thing:Haven't hou scheduled an incremental backup?(!)
    Then the increments for /etc may contain nothing within a
    few minutes after a user backup to the same directory.

    32k is just the size for an empty image. Lucky, eh!

    "Alex Romanov" wrote:

    >Hi guys,
    >I'm new to this, so don't judge me too hard....
    >
    >I have a problem in automaticaly backing up a client to Storagetek L20 tape
    >library via scheduled job on the server. However I can successfuly back

    up
    >a client via user client interface manualy.
    >
    >After scheduled job has began on server, it writes 32K file and exits with
    >the message "Operation successfuly completed" even there was /usr to be

    fully
    >backed up.
    >
    >Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
    >
    >Please help.