Running of space(WUICKLY) in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/ - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Running of space(WUICKLY) in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/ - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello folk's I have a master (sol2.6) running NBU 3.2 patch J0820443, I have a situation were the images dir is growing VERY fast, it appears to be acting like Netbackup did a few years ago, the images directory would ...

  1. Running of space(WUICKLY) in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/

    Hello folk's
    I have a master (sol2.6) running NBU 3.2 patch J0820443,
    I have a situation were the images dir is growing VERY fast,
    it appears to be acting like Netbackup did a few years ago,
    the images directory would just grow untill it ran out of
    drives spaces to hold them, tech support never got back to me then,(OpenVision
    TS)
    Any clue as to what could be causing this behaviour?
    New patches?
    (i realize that i am not giving a lot's of info here)

  2. Re: Running of space(WUICKLY) in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/

    How quickly is quickly? And how big?

    This DB is going to grow very fast up to several hundred MB for even
    small
    setups because it is a DB full of "holey" data. If you have a lot of
    files it gets
    even bigger. For example, I have one NFS server that has about 50 GB of
    space,
    and takes up 750 MB in the database steady-state, with only a two-week
    retention period.

+ Reply to Thread