Inc takes longer than a full - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Inc takes longer than a full - Veritas Net Backup ; All, Thanks for all of your responses, they have been extremely helpful. I have a client that takes 1 hour and 48 minutes for a full, but over 3 hours for an incremental. How can this be? Mike...

  1. Inc takes longer than a full

    All,
    Thanks for all of your responses, they have been extremely
    helpful. I have a client that takes 1 hour and 48 minutes for
    a full, but over 3 hours for an incremental. How can this be?
    Mike

  2. Re: Inc takes longer than a full

    Maybe it's TIR issue. TIR always need to take time to collect the info for
    backup.

    ldf

    "Mike Bach" wrote in message news:3a4c9768$1@hronntp01....

    > All,
    > Thanks for all of your responses, they have been extremely
    > helpful. I have a client that takes 1 hour and 48 minutes for
    > a full, but over 3 hours for an incremental. How can this be?
    > Mike

  3. Re: Inc takes longer than a full

    If you have a slow slow system, maybe the speed for the
    backup is dropping below the "magic" speed at which data
    streams onto the tape. The effct is quite pronounced, esp.
    for DLT. Listen to the drive - is it stopping and starting?

    If so, increasing the multiplexing per drive might help. Try to
    stream two or more clients onto the tape, subject to the usual
    bottlenecks..

+ Reply to Thread