Cannot lstat file error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cannot lstat file error - Veritas Net Backup ; All, I received this error message in my problems report.... cannot lstat64 /var/spool/mqueue/xxxxxx errno = 2: No such file or directory. How do I get rid of these errors and what does it mean? Mike...

  1. Cannot lstat file error

    All,
    I received this error message in my problems report....
    cannot lstat64 /var/spool/mqueue/xxxxxx errno = 2:
    No such file or directory.
    How do I get rid of these errors and what does it mean?
    Mike

  2. Re: Cannot lstat file error

    Mike,

    The error "cannot lstat64" means that a file existed when NetBackup created
    its list of files to backup however the file was missing when it was to be
    backed up. To keep this from happening create an exclude list for all
    directories that contain temporary files (ie /proc /tmp)

    Mike Bach wrote in message news:3a3f7c78$1@hronntp01....

    > All,
    > I received this error message in my problems report....
    > cannot lstat64 /var/spool/mqueue/xxxxxx errno = 2:
    > No such file or directory.
    > How do I get rid of these errors and what does it mean?
    > Mike

+ Reply to Thread