Installing Linux Client for NB 3.2 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Installing Linux Client for NB 3.2 - Veritas Net Backup ; I have Netbackup running on an AIX 4.3 server. I am trying to install the client onto a Red Hat 6.2 server and get the following message. cold.adessosoftware.com ... Client cold.adessosoftware.com -- Linux hardware running RedHat Installing NetBackup software on ...

  1. Installing Linux Client for NB 3.2

    I have Netbackup running on an AIX 4.3 server. I am trying to install the
    client onto a Red Hat 6.2 server and get the following message.

    cold.adessosoftware.com ...
    Client cold.adessosoftware.com -- Linux hardware running RedHat
    Installing NetBackup software on cold.adessosoftware.com
    Client cold.adessosoftware.com is not responding
    cold.adessosoftware.com install failed

    I can ping the Linux server without any problem from the NB server and vice
    versa... Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks, KC

  2. Re: Installing Linux Client for NB 3.2

    You have to be able to rsh/rcp to the target system without a password,
    basic Unix sysadmin step betond scope of this message. If you can't
    do that it won't work.

+ Reply to Thread