Netbackup 3.4 and Informix - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup 3.4 and Informix - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm using Netbackup 3.4 with Solaris 7 with a L1000 that has 2 DLT drives. I want to use both drives to backup the database. I can't figure out how to get the job to stick a tape in both ...

  1. Netbackup 3.4 and Informix

    I'm using Netbackup 3.4 with Solaris 7 with a L1000 that has 2 DLT drives.
    I want to use both drives to backup the database. I can't figure out how
    to get the job to stick a tape in both drives. Both drives are configured
    in the storage manager.

    Thanks
    Gary Quiring

  2. Re: Netbackup 3.4 and Informix

    Gary,

    Check the following:

    1) ../netbackup/bin/xbpadm -> File -> Change NBU configuration
    2) Increase MaxJobsPerClient = number of Drives
    3) Setup Informix to use parallel streams.

    Gary Quiring wrote in message
    > I'm using Netbackup 3.4 with Solaris 7 with a L1000 that has 2 DLT drives.
    > I want to use both drives to backup the database. I can't figure out how
    > to get the job to stick a tape in both drives. Both drives are configured
    > in the storage manager.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary Quiring

  3. Re: Netbackup 3.4 and Informix

    Gary,
    Find the BAR_MAX_BACKUP in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/onconfig.
    Sounds like it is set to = 1 make it 2. This should put out two "streams"
    of backup/restore data.

    Gary Quiring wrote:
    >I'm using Netbackup 3.4 with Solaris 7 with a L1000 that has 2 DLT drives.
    >I want to use both drives to backup the database. I can't figure out how
    >to get the job to stick a tape in both drives. Both drives are configured
    >in the storage manager.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Gary Quiring

+ Reply to Thread