Barcode rules - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Barcode rules - Veritas Net Backup ; I have entered a barcode rule; DL Default volume_pool_scratch 0 New Tapes It is still not putting new inserted tapes into the volume_pool_scratch but rather the Netbackup pool. Under MM Robots/User Inventory../Update Options everything is set to Default and 'Use ...

  1. Barcode rules

    I have entered a barcode rule;

    DL Default volume_pool_scratch 0 New Tapes

    It is still not putting new inserted tapes into the volume_pool_scratch
    but rather the Netbackup pool. Under MM Robots/User Inventory../Update Options
    everything is set to Default and 'Use Barcode rules' is set to 'yes'.
    What am I doing wrong! Thanks!

    Graeme

  2. Re: Barcode rules

    "Graeme Walker" wrote:

    >I have entered a barcode rule;
    >
    >DL Default volume_pool_scratch 0 New Tapes
    >
    >It is still not putting new inserted tapes into the volume_pool_scratch
    >but rather the Netbackup pool. Under MM Robots/User Inventory../Update

    >everything is set to Default and 'Use Barcode rules' is set to 'yes'.
    >What am I doing wrong! Thanks!
    >
    >Graeme

    hello Graeme,

    Did you create the scratch pool?
    This is the rule I use for scrath pool tapes and it works.
    Barcode Tag:
    Media Type: DEFAULT
    Volume Pool: scratch-pool (you can use your poolname offcourse)
    Max Mounts/cleanings: 50000 (for DLT)

    regards,

    Hans

+ Reply to Thread