Oracle agent installation problem and backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle agent installation problem and backup - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi to all I am facing some problem linking the labary during the installation of the Oracle agent. The script that come with the agent detected the oracle version to be 7.x but the version I am having is 8.0.6. ...

  1. Oracle agent installation problem and backup

    Hi to all
    I am facing some problem linking the labary during the
    installation of the Oracle
    agent. The script that come with the agent detected the oracle version
    to be 7.x but
    the version I am having is 8.0.6. Then it carry-on to link the files.
    The backup
    doesn't work and so does the Oracle. It failed to startup.

    After that I tried the manual linking. The I getsome warning
    during the make process:

    $ /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
    - Linking Oracle
    ld -dy /u01/app/oracle/product/806/lib/SC4.2/crti.o
    /u01/app/oracle/product/806m
    ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    ld: warning: option -Q appears more than once, first setting taken
    mv -f /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/orO
    mv oracle /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    chmod 6751 /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle

    Then the Oracle failed to start with this error:

    $ svrmgrl

    Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.6.0.0 - Production

    (c) Copyright 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

    ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    directy
    ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    directy
    ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact
    SVRMGR>

    Finally, I did a globel search for the file (libucb.so.1) and then also
    link the file to the libary file. The oracle able to start but the
    backup was not successful...
    In the dbclient directory, there is also no logs.

    Pls help

  2. Re: Oracle agent installation problem and backup

    Is Recovery catalog installed and configured ? Have you registered databases
    to save ?

    Have you tried to start a backup with only RMAN ? RMAN must give an error
    message and exit code.

    Nigel Chng Chee Teng wrote:

    > Hi to all
    > I am facing some problem linking the labary during the
    > installation of the Oracle
    > agent. The script that come with the agent detected the oracle version
    > to be 7.x but
    > the version I am having is 8.0.6. Then it carry-on to link the files.
    > The backup
    > doesn't work and so does the Oracle. It failed to startup.
    >
    > After that I tried the manual linking. The I getsome warning
    > during the make process:
    >
    > $ /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
    > - Linking Oracle
    > ld -dy /u01/app/oracle/product/806/lib/SC4.2/crti.o
    > /u01/app/oracle/product/806m
    > ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    > ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    > ld: warning: option -Q appears more than once, first setting taken
    > mv -f /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/orO
    > mv oracle /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > chmod 6751 /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    >
    > Then the Oracle failed to start with this error:
    >
    > $ svrmgrl
    >
    > Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.6.0.0 - Production
    >
    > (c) Copyright 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
    >
    > ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    > directy
    > ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    > directy
    > ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact
    > SVRMGR>
    >
    > Finally, I did a globel search for the file (libucb.so.1) and then also
    > link the file to the libary file. The oracle able to start but the
    > backup was not successful...
    > In the dbclient directory, there is also no logs.
    >
    > Pls help

  3. Re: Oracle agent installation problem and backup

    The output are:

    RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service
    name

    Recovery Manager complete.

    the backup failed

    Jeff LE MADEC wrote:

    > Is Recovery catalog installed and configured ? Have you registered databases
    > to save ?
    >
    > Have you tried to start a backup with only RMAN ? RMAN must give an error
    > message and exit code.
    >
    > Nigel Chng Chee Teng wrote:
    >
    > > Hi to all
    > > I am facing some problem linking the labary during the
    > > installation of the Oracle
    > > agent. The script that come with the agent detected the oracle version
    > > to be 7.x but
    > > the version I am having is 8.0.6. Then it carry-on to link the files.
    > > The backup
    > > doesn't work and so does the Oracle. It failed to startup.
    > >
    > > After that I tried the manual linking. The I getsome warning
    > > during the make process:
    > >
    > > $ /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
    > > - Linking Oracle
    > > ld -dy /u01/app/oracle/product/806/lib/SC4.2/crti.o
    > > /u01/app/oracle/product/806m
    > > ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    > > ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    > > ld: warning: option -Q appears more than once, first setting taken
    > > mv -f /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > > /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/orO
    > > mv oracle /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > > chmod 6751 /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > >
    > > Then the Oracle failed to start with this error:
    > >
    > > $ svrmgrl
    > >
    > > Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.6.0.0 - Production
    > >
    > > (c) Copyright 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
    > >
    > > ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    > > directy
    > > ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    > > directy
    > > ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact
    > > SVRMGR>
    > >
    > > Finally, I did a globel search for the file (libucb.so.1) and then also
    > > link the file to the libary file. The oracle able to start but the
    > > backup was not successful...
    > > In the dbclient directory, there is also no logs.
    > >
    > > Pls help

  4. Re: Oracle agent installation problem and backup

    Ok. I see. You should set up network connections for Oracle.

    On RCAT machine you should modify listener.ora to list new possible connections. The
    following lines are an example. CPIS is database to save and RCAT recovery catalog :

    (SID_DESC =
    (GLOBAL_DBNAME = cpis)
    (ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/product/8.0.5)
    (SID_NAME = CPIS)
    )
    (SID_DESC =
    (GLOBAL_DBNAME = rcat)
    (ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/product/8.0.5)
    (SID_NAME = RCAT)
    )

    On clients to backup, you must modify tnsname.ora like this :
    CPIS =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ultra2)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = CPIS))
    )

    RCAT =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ultra2)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = RCAT))
    )

    Nigel Chng wrote:

    > The output are:
    >
    > RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    > RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
    > RMAN-00571: ================================================== =========
    > RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service
    > name
    >
    > Recovery Manager complete.
    >
    > the backup failed
    >
    > Jeff LE MADEC wrote:
    >
    > > Is Recovery catalog installed and configured ? Have you registered databases
    > > to save ?
    > >
    > > Have you tried to start a backup with only RMAN ? RMAN must give an error
    > > message and exit code.
    > >
    > > Nigel Chng Chee Teng wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi to all
    > > > I am facing some problem linking the labary during the
    > > > installation of the Oracle
    > > > agent. The script that come with the agent detected the oracle version
    > > > to be 7.x but
    > > > the version I am having is 8.0.6. Then it carry-on to link the files.
    > > > The backup
    > > > doesn't work and so does the Oracle. It failed to startup.
    > > >
    > > > After that I tried the manual linking. The I getsome warning
    > > > during the make process:
    > > >
    > > > $ /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
    > > > - Linking Oracle
    > > > ld -dy /u01/app/oracle/product/806/lib/SC4.2/crti.o
    > > > /u01/app/oracle/product/806m
    > > > ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    > > > ld: warning: option -YP appears more than once, first setting taken
    > > > ld: warning: option -Q appears more than once, first setting taken
    > > > mv -f /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > > > /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/orO
    > > > mv oracle /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > > > chmod 6751 /u01/app/oracle/product/806/bin/oracle
    > > >
    > > > Then the Oracle failed to start with this error:
    > > >
    > > > $ svrmgrl
    > > >
    > > > Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.6.0.0 - Production
    > > >
    > > > (c) Copyright 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
    > > >
    > > > ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    > > > directy
    > > > ld.so.1: oracleVAR_DEV: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    > > > directy
    > > > ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact
    > > > SVRMGR>
    > > >
    > > > Finally, I did a globel search for the file (libucb.so.1) and then also
    > > > link the file to the libary file. The oracle able to start but the
    > > > backup was not successful...
    > > > In the dbclient directory, there is also no logs.
    > > >
    > > > Pls help

  5. Re: Oracle agent installation problem and backup

    Thanks Jeff,
    The problem was solved... something along what you stated.. I list in the script
    to user and the DB to connect to for the RMAN. It worked..

    Thanks alot

+ Reply to Thread