client without inetd - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on client without inetd - Veritas Net Backup ; Is is possible to run a backup client without using inetd?...

  1. client without inetd

    Is is possible to run a backup client without using inetd?

  2. Re: client without inetd

    It sure is.

    I'm assuming you've already copied the client softare to the client machine.
    But, theres an option with bpcd (the netbackup client daemon) that makes it
    start in "standalone" mode.. funnily enough, the switch is "-standalone".
    You can then start the backup daemon in a start script in the boot processes
    on the client machine...

    for eg. On a solaris machine, ii would have in /etc/init.d/netbackup,
    something like:

    -------------------
    #!/bin/sh

    case "$1" in
    'start')
    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd -standalone
    ;;
    'stop')
    /usr/bin/ps -ef | /usr/bin/grep /us[r]/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd
    |/usr/bin/awk '{ print $2 }' |/usr/bin/xargs kill
    ;;
    *)
    /usr/bin/echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
    ;;
    esac

    Then link it back to /etc/rc2.d, etc... (by the way, im just pulling that
    script out of my head, so excuse any mistakes)

    Hope that all makes sence.

    Paul

    "Jonas Lindborg" wrote in message news:3a02895d$1@hronntp01....

    > Is is possible to run a backup client without using inetd?

+ Reply to Thread