Client name truncated from backup status - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Client name truncated from backup status - Veritas Net Backup ; I have: /bin/bash Veritas NetBackup 3.2GA Solaris 2.6 The backup status on the Veritas Report shows all my long client names truncated to the 13 characters set as default in spite of setting BPEBSCLIENTLEN=30 before running xnb. Also there is ...

  1. Client name truncated from backup status

    I have:
    /bin/bash
    Veritas NetBackup 3.2GA
    Solaris 2.6

    The backup status on the Veritas Report
    shows all my long client names truncated to
    the 13 characters set as default in spite of
    setting BPEBSCLIENTLEN=30 before running xnb.

    Also there is no default value for
    BPEBSDOCHUNKY in the Admin book.
    Seting this to 1 does not help either.

    Your help is much appreciated.

  2. Re: Client name truncated from backup status

    After you change the configuration in bp.conf on your master, you have to
    restart bprd daemon. Or you can run the command "bprdreq -rereadconfig" to
    force the bprd daemon to read the bp.conf file.

    ldf

    "Lewis G" wrote in message news:3a00cd67@hronntp01....

    > I have:
    > /bin/bash
    > Veritas NetBackup 3.2GA
    > Solaris 2.6
    >
    > The backup status on the Veritas Report
    > shows all my long client names truncated to
    > the 13 characters set as default in spite of
    > setting BPEBSCLIENTLEN=30 before running xnb.
    >
    > Also there is no default value for
    > BPEBSDOCHUNKY in the Admin book.
    > Seting this to 1 does not help either.
    >
    > Your help is much appreciated.

  3. Re: Client name truncated from backup status

    Thanks, BUT it does not work. The settings should be
    issued as shell environment variables. They are not
    part of bp.conf according to the Admin book.

    Do you have any other suggestions?

    Thanks Again LG.

    "D. Liao" wrote:
    >After you change the configuration in bp.conf on your master, you have to
    >restart bprd daemon. Or you can run the command "bprdreq -rereadconfig"

    >force the bprd daemon to read the bp.conf file.
    >
    >ldf
    >

    >"Lewis G" wrote in message news:3a00cd67@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> I have:
    >> /bin/bash
    >> Veritas NetBackup 3.2GA
    >> Solaris 2.6
    >>
    >> The backup status on the Veritas Report
    >> shows all my long client names truncated to
    >> the 13 characters set as default in spite of
    >> setting BPEBSCLIENTLEN=30 before running xnb.
    >>
    >> Also there is no default value for
    >> BPEBSDOCHUNKY in the Admin book.
    >> Seting this to 1 does not help either.
    >>
    >> Your help is much appreciated.

  4. Re: Client name truncated from backup status

    I tried in my server, it doesn't work for me either. Is there anyone has any
    ideas?

    ldf

    "Lewis G." wrote in message news:3a035a9a$1@hronntp01....

    > Thanks, BUT it does not work. The settings should be
    > issued as shell environment variables. They are not
    > part of bp.conf according to the Admin book.
    >
    > Do you have any other suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks Again LG.
    >
    > "D. Liao" wrote:
    > >After you change the configuration in bp.conf on your master, you have to
    > >restart bprd daemon. Or you can run the command "bprdreq -rereadconfig"

    > >force the bprd daemon to read the bp.conf file.
    > >
    > >ldf
    > >

    > >"Lewis G" wrote in message news:3a00cd67@hronntp01....
    > >>
    > >> I have:
    > >> /bin/bash
    > >> Veritas NetBackup 3.2GA
    > >> Solaris 2.6
    > >>
    > >> The backup status on the Veritas Report
    > >> shows all my long client names truncated to
    > >> the 13 characters set as default in spite of
    > >> setting BPEBSCLIENTLEN=30 before running xnb.
    > >>
    > >> Also there is no default value for
    > >> BPEBSDOCHUNKY in the Admin book.
    > >> Seting this to 1 does not help either.
    > >>
    > >> Your help is much appreciated.