Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue - Veritas Net Backup ; I am getting a message "INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server minerva" on my master server when the class is configured to be done on the slave server. My job is being held for up to ...

  1. Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue

    I am getting a message "INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work
    queue on server minerva" on my master server when the class is
    configured to be done on the slave server. My job is being held
    for up to 3 hours in the queue. Does anyone have any suggestions
    to what the problem is?

    My environment is Netbackup V3.2GA_J0820260 running on Sun 2.6.
    The master server has 4 tape drives, the slave has 2, the tape
    drives are DLT7000's. There is no tape drive contention when
    is happening. The maximum jobs per client parameter is set to 2.
    This class is backing up Oracle databases.

  2. Re: Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue

    Check the "bpcd" log file on the server you are trying to backup. The
    scheduler has to build a worklist in order to determine/validate what to
    backup and how and so forth. Also check the "bptm" log file on the which
    ever server you are attempting to send data to and the "bphdb" log file on
    the Oracle server. Check these log files to get a better understanding of
    what's going on during that backup process.

    BTW, please upgrade NetBackup to J0820412 or Jxxx443. You will undoubtedly
    fix many problems you may have had or will have.

    Regards,

    -jlh
    Lloyd Klassen wrote in message

    > I am getting a message "INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work
    > queue on server minerva" on my master server when the class is
    > configured to be done on the slave server. My job is being held
    > for up to 3 hours in the queue. Does anyone have any suggestions
    > to what the problem is?
    >
    > My environment is Netbackup V3.2GA_J0820260 running on Sun 2.6.
    > The master server has 4 tape drives, the slave has 2, the tape
    > drives are DLT7000's. There is no tape drive contention when
    > is happening. The maximum jobs per client parameter is set to 2.
    > This class is backing up Oracle databases.

  3. Re: Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue

    Hi,

    Is your slave a Solaris server ?

    I had a problem on Tru64 unix, to fix it we have to upgrade to patch 412
    or to launch the command :

    # bpschedreq -readstunits

    You can try this command when you launch your backup.
    Else have you got any error on Oracle logs ?

    bye

    Laurent.

    "Jason Harrell" wrote:
    >Check the "bpcd" log file on the server you are trying to backup. The
    >scheduler has to build a worklist in order to determine/validate what to
    >backup and how and so forth. Also check the "bptm" log file on the which
    >ever server you are attempting to send data to and the "bphdb" log file

    on
    >the Oracle server. Check these log files to get a better understanding

    of
    >what's going on during that backup process.
    >
    >BTW, please upgrade NetBackup to J0820412 or Jxxx443. You will undoubtedly
    >fix many problems you may have had or will have.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >-jlh
    >Lloyd Klassen wrote in message
    >>
    >> I am getting a message "INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work
    >> queue on server minerva" on my master server when the class is
    >> configured to be done on the slave server. My job is being held
    >> for up to 3 hours in the queue. Does anyone have any suggestions
    >> to what the problem is?
    >>
    >> My environment is Netbackup V3.2GA_J0820260 running on Sun 2.6.
    >> The master server has 4 tape drives, the slave has 2, the tape
    >> drives are DLT7000's. There is no tape drive contention when
    >> is happening. The maximum jobs per client parameter is set to 2.
    >> This class is backing up Oracle databases.

+ Reply to Thread