How To Restore Calendar on exchange - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How To Restore Calendar on exchange - Veritas Net Backup ; One of our users lost all his calendar events on outlook, I need to restore it using Netbackup. I am not sure if this is possible, if it is possible I need to know how to restore it. If any ...

  1. How To Restore Calendar on exchange

    One of our users lost all his calendar events on outlook, I need
    to restore it using Netbackup.
    I am not sure if this is possible, if it is possible I need to know how to
    restore it.
    If any body knows how it is done, please let me know.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: How To Restore Calendar on exchange

    What client version are you using? I know w/ v3.2 that a restore of
    individual mailboxes is not possible. However, if you are using v3.4, it is
    possible.
    "Farzan" wrote in message

    > One of our users lost all his calendar events on outlook, I need
    > to restore it using Netbackup.
    > I am not sure if this is possible, if it is possible I need to know how to
    > restore it.
    > If any body knows how it is done, please let me know.
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: How To Restore Calendar on exchange

    Actually, you can restore individual mailboxes using 3.2 -- it's a lengthy
    process and should only be used for critical persons (ie CEO!)

    You need to stand up another environment that looks exactly like your current
    exchange server -- restore the whole exchange to it -- extract the mailbox /
    calendar / whatever -- and move it to the current exchange environment. The
    issue is: is the time spent recovering the files worth it? But yes, it can be
    done.

    Using 3.4 -- you need to specify which individual mailboxes to backup during the
    setup -- only the most important of course.

    Jeff Swift wrote:

    > What client version are you using? I know w/ v3.2 that a restore of
    > individual mailboxes is not possible. However, if you are using v3.4, it is
    > possible.
    > "Farzan" wrote in message
    > >
    > > One of our users lost all his calendar events on outlook, I need
    > > to restore it using Netbackup.
    > > I am not sure if this is possible, if it is possible I need to know how to
    > > restore it.
    > > If any body knows how it is done, please let me know.
    > > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread