Verifying Tapes? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Verifying Tapes? - Veritas Net Backup ; Does Netbackup have any method of verifying that the Backup on tape is good. I am familiar with some tape backup systems that will let you do at least a checksum comparison file by file. I have looked at the ...

  1. Verifying Tapes?

    Does Netbackup have any method of verifying that the Backup on tape is
    good. I am familiar with some tape backup systems that will let you do
    at least a checksum comparison file by file. I have looked at the doc
    but I don't see any mention of this type of diagnostic tool.

    I want to verify that the tapes have valid data on them at least one a
    week to make sure the tape drive has not gone bad. I recently had a DLT
    go bad and all of the backups from the DLT are now suspect. Any ideas?

    Thanks for any suggestions...

  2. Re: Verifying Tapes?

    Try bpverify. It's located under the "admincmd" directory.

    -jlh
    Dana Frost wrote in message
    > Does Netbackup have any method of verifying that the Backup on tape is
    > good. I am familiar with some tape backup systems that will let you do
    > at least a checksum comparison file by file. I have looked at the doc
    > but I don't see any mention of this type of diagnostic tool.
    >
    > I want to verify that the tapes have valid data on them at least one a
    > week to make sure the tape drive has not gone bad. I recently had a DLT
    > go bad and all of the backups from the DLT are now suspect. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions...

+ Reply to Thread