Adding volumes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Adding volumes - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello all, I'm having trouble adding volumes to the existing robot. I'm using Netback for solaris 3.1.5 ona sun box running Sunos5.6. Using a Sony AIT TSL-300C drive. I put 4 blank tapes in the drive and follow the procedures ...

  1. Adding volumes

    Hello all,
    I'm having trouble adding volumes to the existing robot. I'm using
    Netback for solaris 3.1.5 ona sun box running Sunos5.6. Using a Sony
    AIT TSL-300C drive. I put 4 blank tapes in the drive and follow the
    procedures to use robot inventory to add volumes. All I ever get is
    thst is says it agrees with the database and stops. I go the other
    route and try to add them manually and I get robot info not unique in
    database errors.

    Any ideas are welcomed.

    Kerry

  2. Re: Adding volumes

    "Kerry S. Walker" wrote:

    > I'm having trouble adding volumes to the existing robot. I'm using
    > Netback for solaris 3.1.5 ona sun box running Sunos5.6. Using a Sony
    > AIT TSL-300C drive. I put 4 blank tapes in the drive and follow the

    in the drive or the robot ?

    > procedures to use robot inventory to add volumes. All I ever get is
    > thst is says it agrees with the database and stops. I go the other
    > route and try to add them manually and I get robot info not unique in
    > database errors.

    do you have a barcode reader in your robot ?

    fx

    disclaimer: i speak for myself, and sometimes i'm wrong.

    --
    fx@4js.com | the only problem with troubleshooting
    Networking & system stuff | is that sometimes trouble shoots back

+ Reply to Thread