Who's using Standalone drive, I have media problem with it. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Who's using Standalone drive, I have media problem with it. - Veritas Net Backup ; I am using a Standalone drive, one Solaris box acts as both server and client. Nowadays, my backup can't pick up the tape in my drive, it tried to find other tapes in my media database, which is not the ...

  1. Who's using Standalone drive, I have media problem with it.

    I am using a Standalone drive, one Solaris box acts as both server and client.
    Nowadays, my backup can't pick up the tape in my drive, it tried to find
    other tapes in my media database, which is not the tape that I put in my
    drive. It mounted the tape in my drive, I can check from my Media manager.
    But it seems that Netbackup doesn't think it's not the right tape, so it
    go find other tapes, ofcourse it can't find, because I only have one drive,
    one tape at one time.

    I guess maybe somewhere I need to config, but I don't know where.

  2. Re: Who's using Standalone drive, I have media problem with it.

    Check your tape retension time. Sounds like the tape you have may not have
    expired yet, you might want to check its expiry date in the media manager.

    "Toni " wrote:

    >I am using a Standalone drive, one Solaris box acts as both server and client.
    >Nowadays, my backup can't pick up the tape in my drive, it tried to find
    >other tapes in my media database, which is not the tape that I put in my
    >drive. It mounted the tape in my drive, I can check from my Media manager.
    >But it seems that Netbackup doesn't think it's not the right tape, so it
    >go find other tapes, ofcourse it can't find, because I only have one drive,
    >one tape at one time.
    >
    >I guess maybe somewhere I need to config, but I don't know where.

  3. Re: Who's using Standalone drive, I have media problem with it.

    There are a couple of default settings that you want to change if you use
    NETBACKUP with a single standalone drive.

    1) ltid should be run with the "-nsu" option which means "no standalone unload"
    which will prefent it from unmounting a tape after each backup. (This can also be
    done in the bp.conf file but that is not how I set it up)

    2) The "ALLOW_MULTIPLE_RETENTIONS_PER_MEDIA" should be set in the "bp.conf" file.

    Both of these options are discussed more in the admin manual. If you want more
    info post another question.

    --

    ** FROM: Dana Frost

+ Reply to Thread