NB3.2 and ADIC Scalar1000 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NB3.2 and ADIC Scalar1000 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, We're having troubles with Netbackup 3.2 on Solaris7 and an ADIC Scalar1000 with AIT2-drives. The problem is that it doesn't seem to be possible to load tapes into the library via the mailslot - NB only adds the volume ...

  1. NB3.2 and ADIC Scalar1000

    Hi,

    We're having troubles with Netbackup 3.2 on Solaris7 and an ADIC
    Scalar1000 with AIT2-drives.

    The problem is that it doesn't seem to be possible to load tapes into
    the library via the mailslot - NB only adds the volume and says the slot
    is emty.
    It is possible to load tapes from the first slot (of 18) in the mailslot
    via "robtest"!? It also works to load via the operators panel on the
    Scalar1000.

    But we get error messages in the console like "mailslot extract/retract
    error" when we try from NB.
    If we try the same operation in vmadm we get the following:
    "failure extending TL8 mailslot: Robot hardware or communication error
    (225)"

    The latest NB-patch, #413 is installed and AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT is set in
    vm.conf.

    Need help!

  2. Summary: NB3.2 and ADIC Scalar1000

    This was solved by installing an earlier patch (#226 in our case) before
    installing #413.
    Because this was a maiden install we installed #413 immediately after
    instaling NB, since it should contain all earlier changes according to
    Veritas, but I guess it doesn't...
    Now the mailslot works fine!

    > Hi,
    >
    > We're having troubles with Netbackup 3.2 on Solaris7 and an ADIC
    > Scalar1000 with AIT2-drives.
    >
    > The problem is that it doesn't seem to be possible to load tapes into
    > the library via the mailslot - NB only adds the volume and says the slot
    > is emty.
    > It is possible to load tapes from the first slot (of 18) in the mailslot
    > via "robtest"!? It also works to load via the operators panel on the
    > Scalar1000.
    >
    > But we get error messages in the console like "mailslot extract/retract
    > error" when we try from NB.
    > If we try the same operation in vmadm we get the following:
    > "failure extending TL8 mailslot: Robot hardware or communication error
    > (225)"
    >
    > The latest NB-patch, #413 is installed and AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT is set in
    > vm.conf.
    >
    > Need help!

+ Reply to Thread