Preprocessing Scripts and Post-Processing Scripts - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Preprocessing Scripts and Post-Processing Scripts - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi , I would like to have a script run before a backup occurs and then another script run after the backup finishes. How would I implement this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Binh....

  1. Preprocessing Scripts and Post-Processing Scripts

    Hi ,

    I would like to have a script run before a backup occurs and then another
    script run after the backup finishes. How would I implement this. Any ideas
    would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Binh.

  2. Re: Preprocessing Scripts and Post-Processing Scripts

    check out bpstart_notify and bpend_notify in %VERITAS%/netbackup/bin.

    -jlh

    Binh Chau wrote in message

    > Hi ,
    >
    > I would like to have a script run before a backup occurs and then another
    > script run after the backup finishes. How would I implement this. Any

    ideas
    > would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Binh.

  3. Re: Preprocessing Scripts and Post-Processing Scripts

    "Binh Chau" wrote:

    >Hi ,
    >
    >I would like to have a script run before a backup occurs and then another
    >script run after the backup finishes. How would I implement this. Any

    ideas
    >would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    >Binh.

    Use 'notify scripts' - p. 300 in the unix sys admin guide.

+ Reply to Thread