Anyone have experience with IDR? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with IDR? - Veritas Net Backup ; Running NB3.2 on Solaris2.6, I have read bits and pieces about IDR but cannot seem to get it going. A good place to start would be to figure out if this is part of the NB base or an expansion? ...

  1. Anyone have experience with IDR?

    --
    Ramon Herrera
    Digital Island, Inc.

  2. Re: Anyone have experience with IDR?

    Ramon Herrera wrote:

    > Running NB3.2 on Solaris2.6, I have read bits and pieces about IDR but
    > cannot seem to get it going. A good place to start would be to figure
    > out if this is part of the NB base or an expansion?

    IDR only concernes Ms Windows NT clients , so if you don't have such
    clients, stop here.
    if you have, then since the 363 patch on a Ms Windows NT machine,
    you should have a PDF document called nbnt_idr.pdf in the ...\help
    directory of your NetBackup install location. everything is in it.

    one last word: as the IDR process uses the natural Windows NT
    installation mechanism, it has the same weaknesses. the common
    problem is IDR with network cards that don't work with a machine
    without SP3 at least - Intel as in Compaq machines is known to
    cause troubles. if you have such cards, you'll have problem with IDR.
    if not, everything should work fine - i love 3COM cards for that ;-).

    fx

    disclaimer: i speak for myself, and sometimes i'm wrong.

    --
    fx@4js.com | the only problem with troubleshooting
    Networking & system stuff | is that sometimes trouble shoots back

  3. Re: Anyone have experience with IDR?

    So what you're saying regarding the network cards, is that the 3com cards
    work fine but, the intel cards don't ? We have just started our testing with
    both NT 4.0 and 2000. The 4.0 works fine but I'm having problems with the
    2000 nic retaining it's configuration. Any suggestions ?

    fx wrote:
    >Ramon Herrera wrote:
    >
    >> Running NB3.2 on Solaris2.6, I have read bits and pieces about IDR but
    >> cannot seem to get it going. A good place to start would be to figure
    >> out if this is part of the NB base or an expansion?

    > IDR only concernes Ms Windows NT clients , so if you don't have such
    >clients, stop here.
    > if you have, then since the 363 patch on a Ms Windows NT machine,
    >you should have a PDF document called nbnt_idr.pdf in the ...\help
    >directory of your NetBackup install location. everything is in it.
    >
    > one last word: as the IDR process uses the natural Windows NT
    >installation mechanism, it has the same weaknesses. the common
    >problem is IDR with network cards that don't work with a machine
    >without SP3 at least - Intel as in Compaq machines is known to
    >cause troubles. if you have such cards, you'll have problem with IDR.
    >if not, everything should work fine - i love 3COM cards for that ;-).
    >
    > fx
    >
    > disclaimer: i speak for myself, and sometimes i'm wrong.
    >
    >--
    > fx@4js.com | the only problem with troubleshooting
    >Networking & system stuff | is that sometimes trouble shoots back
    > http://www.4js.com/ | - alt.sysadmin.recovery

+ Reply to Thread