Backing up NT files when open - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backing up NT files when open - Veritas Net Backup ; I have Netbackup 3.1 installed on a Solaris 2.6.1 sparc 5000 machine. This is the master server. I also have 9 NT servers configured as clients. When backing up the NT clients I get a condition code of "1" - ...

  1. Backing up NT files when open

    I have Netbackup 3.1 installed on a Solaris 2.6.1 sparc 5000 machine. This
    is the master server. I also have 9 NT servers configured as clients. When
    backing up the NT clients I get a condition code of "1" - The requested operation
    was partially successful. If I look through the log is tells me it couldn't
    back up some of the files on the server that were in use. Does Netbackup
    3.2 resolve this situation or do I need some other type of software.

  2. Re: Backing up NT files when open

    Tony, if you install NetBackup 3.2 on your NT clients, you will be asked if
    you want to install Open Transaction Manager (OTM) which WILL backup your
    open files on the NT clients. However, you will need to be running 3.2 on
    your server as well, which can be a bit of work . . .

    Hope that helps.

    Scott

    "Tony Montaro" wrote:

    >I have Netbackup 3.1 installed on a Solaris 2.6.1 sparc 5000 machine. This
    >is the master server. I also have 9 NT servers configured as clients.

    When
    >backing up the NT clients I get a condition code of "1" - The requested

    operation
    >was partially successful. If I look through the log is tells me it couldn't
    >back up some of the files on the server that were in use. Does Netbackup
    >3.2 resolve this situation or do I need some other type of software.

  3. Re: Backing up NT files when open

    "Scott Chapman" wrote:

    >Tony, if you install NetBackup 3.2 on your NT clients, you will be asked

    if
    >you want to install Open Transaction Manager (OTM) which WILL backup your
    >open files on the NT clients. However, you will need to be running 3.2

    on
    >your server as well, which can be a bit of work . . .
    >
    >Hope that helps.
    >
    >Scott
    >
    >"Tony Montaro" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have Netbackup 3.1 installed on a Solaris 2.6.1 sparc 5000 machine.

    This
    >>is the master server. I also have 9 NT servers configured as clients.

    >When
    >>backing up the NT clients I get a condition code of "1" - The requested

    >operation
    >>was partially successful. If I look through the log is tells me it couldn't
    >>back up some of the files on the server that were in use. Does Netbackup
    >>3.2 resolve this situation or do I need some other type of software.

    Thanks Scott, I will upgrade the server and clients.

+ Reply to Thread