Slave to Master communication - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Slave to Master communication - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, We've been using Netbackup for about six months to back up our unix servers. We are now ready to implement an NT solution for our NT environment. I installed Netbackup on the NT server as a slave to the ...

  1. Slave to Master communication

    Hi,
    We've been using Netbackup for about six months to back up our unix
    servers. We are now ready to implement an NT solution for our NT
    environment. I installed Netbackup on the NT server as a slave to the
    Master which is running on a unix server.. Attached to the NT server
    is an STK9710 with two Quantum 7000 tape drives. The unix server sees
    it as STK9710-2.

    I am able to vmquery STK9710-2 (vmquery -M unixserver -rn 1) from the
    unix server command prompt. When I run the same command from the NT
    server I get:

    Could not get pool list from vmd: not authorized to connect to vmd (126)

    How do I get the NT server authorized to connect to vmd.

    I believe this is why we've been unable to successfully launch a manual
    backup of our test NT server using the devices attached to the NT
    server:

    (96) unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none
    available

    Any help would be appreciated

    E. Dean Sahutske
    InterOne Marketing Group
    dean.sahutske@interonemarketing.com

  2. Disregard Re: Slave to Master communication

    Resolved. There was a typo in the vm.conf file.

    Dean Sahutske wrote:
    >Hi,
    >We've been using Netbackup for about six months to back up our unix
    >servers. We are now ready to implement an NT solution for our NT
    >environment. I installed Netbackup on the NT server as a slave to the
    >Master which is running on a unix server.. Attached to the NT server
    >is an STK9710 with two Quantum 7000 tape drives. The unix server sees
    >it as STK9710-2.
    >
    >I am able to vmquery STK9710-2 (vmquery -M unixserver -rn 1) from the
    >unix server command prompt. When I run the same command from the NT
    >server I get:
    >
    >Could not get pool list from vmd: not authorized to connect to vmd (126)
    >
    >How do I get the NT server authorized to connect to vmd.
    >
    >I believe this is why we've been unable to successfully launch a manual
    >backup of our test NT server using the devices attached to the NT
    >server:
    >
    >(96) unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none
    >available
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated
    >
    >E. Dean Sahutske
    >InterOne Marketing Group