using the 'scratchpool' - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on using the 'scratchpool' - Veritas Net Backup ; We have Netbackup 3.1.1 on AIX 4.3 connected to a StorageTek 9710 with 4 drives We have a master and 3 slaves (each with one of the drives) When using the scratchpool to backup a client with "any storage unit" ...

  1. using the 'scratchpool'

    We have Netbackup 3.1.1 on AIX 4.3 connected to a StorageTek 9710
    with 4 drives
    We have a master and 3 slaves (each with one of the drives)

    When using the scratchpool to backup a client with "any storage unit" selected
    it will not use the scratchpool, we get error 96 !
    but if we configure a specific drive it works OK !

    any ideas ?

    regards

    Alick

  2. Re: using the 'scratchpool'

    This may be a dumb question, but your Media Manger Database host is your Master
    Server, right?

    -David

    "alick cross" wrote:

    >We have Netbackup 3.1.1 on AIX 4.3 connected to a StorageTek 9710
    >with 4 drives
    >We have a master and 3 slaves (each with one of the drives)
    >
    >When using the scratchpool to backup a client with "any storage unit" selected
    >it will not use the scratchpool, we get error 96 !
    >but if we configure a specific drive it works OK !
    >
    >any ideas ?
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Alick

+ Reply to Thread