Netbackup 3.2 for Solairs 2.6 & StorEdge L280 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup 3.2 for Solairs 2.6 & StorEdge L280 - Veritas Net Backup ; I have the great pleasure of getting a StorEdge L280 to work with Netbackup, I've got the netbackup stuff more or less sorted but as the L280 is an auto-loader ( arghh! ) I'm having trouble selecting media, I've currently ...

  1. Netbackup 3.2 for Solairs 2.6 & StorEdge L280

    I have the great pleasure of getting a StorEdge L280 to work with Netbackup,
    I've got the netbackup stuff more or less sorted
    but as the L280 is an auto-loader ( arghh! ) I'm having trouble selecting
    media, I've currently associated it as TLD Tape library DLT robot, I'm not
    sure if this is right but as I have no idea what catergory this drive would
    fit under I've resorted to guess work. I've stuck a couple of tapes in but
    when I try and do anything with these tapes it returns "requested slot does
    not exist in robot "

    Any ideas

  2. Re: Netbackup 3.2 for Solairs 2.6 & StorEdge L280

    Rob:

    The L280 would be a TSD, not a TLD. Check the Media Manager manual on or
    around page 306 (appendix B)

    Good Luck,

    David Chapa
    DataStaff, Inc.

    "Rob" wrote:

    >I have the great pleasure of getting a StorEdge L280 to work with Netbackup,
    >I've got the netbackup stuff more or less sorted
    >but as the L280 is an auto-loader ( arghh! ) I'm having trouble selecting
    >media, I've currently associated it as TLD Tape library DLT robot, I'm not
    >sure if this is right but as I have no idea what catergory this drive would
    >fit under I've resorted to guess work. I've stuck a couple of tapes in

    but
    >when I try and do anything with these tapes it returns "requested slot does
    >not exist in robot "
    >
    >Any ideas

+ Reply to Thread