setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket - Veritas Net Backup ; I am having problems setting up the client side on a Redhat linux 6.1 machine when bpcd is started, i am getting the error: setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket does anyone recognize this..?? I really need to get a backup ...

  1. setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket

    I am having problems setting up the client side on a Redhat linux 6.1
    machine

    when bpcd is started, i am getting the error:

    setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket

    does anyone recognize this..??

    I really need to get a backup running.. hahaa

    thanks

  2. Re: setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket

    Blair

    Did you verify /etc/services and that you don't have replicated port numbers
    13782 is the one that bpcd will use.

    also netstat -a | grep listen (i think that works on linux) will show you
    if bpcd is even there listening on the correct port.

    last resort, create logging in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd on the client
    and see what shakes out. I'd also add VERBOSE to your bp.conf file on the
    client prior to logging.

    good luck

    david chapa

    "Blair Rampling" wrote:
    >I am having problems setting up the client side on a Redhat linux 6.1
    >machine
    >
    >when bpcd is started, i am getting the error:
    >
    >setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket
    >
    >does anyone recognize this..??
    >
    >I really need to get a backup running.. hahaa
    >
    >thanks

  3. Re: setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket

    Did you verify /etc/services and that you don't have replicated port
    numbers 13782 is the one that bpcd will use.

    yup no problems there

    > also netstat -a | grep listen (i think that works on linux) will show you

    if bpcd is even there listening on the correct port.

    tcp 0 0 *:bpjava-msvc *:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 *:vopied *:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 *:bpcd *:* LISTEN

    > last resort, create logging in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd on the

    client
    and see what shakes out. I'd also add VERBOSE to your bp.conf file on the
    client prior to logging.

    i have VERBOSE in the bp.conf file, and it is supposed to be logging, but it
    is not, as it does not seem to start out

    i figured out the Socket operation on non-socket is not the problem.. that
    is normal.

+ Reply to Thread