Backing up across a network - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backing up across a network - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to backup a server on our network using Netbackup 3.2. I can backup servers within the same subnet, but when I try to backup outside the subnet, it gives me an access denied. Does anyone have any ...

  1. Backing up across a network

    I am trying to backup a server on our network using Netbackup 3.2. I can
    backup servers within the same subnet, but when I try to backup outside the
    subnet, it gives me an access denied.
    Does anyone have any solutions for this or can you point me in the right
    direction? I have edited the .rhosts and obviously can back up from another
    server. There are no firewalls involved.

    Thanks,

    Dwane

  2. Re: Backing up across a network

    "Dwane Atkins" wrote:

    >I am trying to backup a server on our network using Netbackup 3.2. I can
    >backup servers within the same subnet, but when I try to backup outside

    the
    >subnet, it gives me an access denied.
    >Does anyone have any solutions for this or can you point me in the right
    >direction? I have edited the .rhosts and obviously can back up from another
    >server. There are no firewalls involved.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Dwane

    We had a similar problem a few months ago !

    The IP address (and hostname) of the remote server needs to be in your /etc/hosts
    file
    and you host probably needs to be in their's also !
    it's case sensative also.

    regards

    Alick

  3. Re: Backing up across a network

    We had a similar problem after installing 3.2. Our problem was resolved when
    we configured the DEFAULTROUTER so it may be worth checking that your DEFAULTROUTER
    is configured. 'netstat -r' will show you the routing tables, if no default
    is configured then you can add it in-flight using 'route add default IP_ADDRESS',
    and add it permanently by creating the file /etc/defaultrouter, which contains
    the IP_ADDRESS of your router.
    "alick cross" wrote:

    >"Dwane Atkins" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am trying to backup a server on our network using Netbackup 3.2. I can
    >>backup servers within the same subnet, but when I try to backup outside

    >the
    >>subnet, it gives me an access denied.
    >>Does anyone have any solutions for this or can you point me in the right
    >>direction? I have edited the .rhosts and obviously can back up from another
    >>server. There are no firewalls involved.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Dwane

    >We had a similar problem a few months ago !
    >
    >The IP address (and hostname) of the remote server needs to be in your /etc/hosts
    >file
    >and you host probably needs to be in their's also !
    >it's case sensative also.
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Alick

+ Reply to Thread