Custom Database Queries - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Custom Database Queries - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a need to query the NB 3.2 database for all file changes on a client drive from one night to the next. Both nights are differentual incremental backups so the last full is important. Also the absence of ...

  1. Custom Database Queries

    I have a need to query the NB 3.2 database for all file changes on a client
    drive from one night to the next. Both nights are differentual incremental
    backups so the last full is important. Also the absence of files is
    important.

    Chris

  2. Re: Custom Database Queries

    To my knowledge, you must contract a Veritas Professional Services dude to
    come onsite and help you with this kind of request. The DB's are
    proprietary and cost a nice $$$ to gain detailed access to them.

    -jlh
    Chris Backstrand wrote in message
    > I have a need to query the NB 3.2 database for all file changes on a

    client
    > drive from one night to the next. Both nights are differentual

    incremental
    > backups so the last full is important. Also the absence of files is
    > important.
    >
    > Chris

  3. Re: Custom Database Queries

    It may be worth looking at using the 'True Image Recovery' option to the backups,
    which will track any changes made to the filesystems between backups and
    recover the filesystem to a TRUE IMAGE. I'm not sure if this was what you
    was after, but its just a suggestion.

    "Jason Harrell" wrote:
    >To my knowledge, you must contract a Veritas Professional Services dude

    >come onsite and help you with this kind of request. The DB's are
    >proprietary and cost a nice $$$ to gain detailed access to them.
    >
    >-jlh
    >Chris Backstrand wrote in message
    >> I have a need to query the NB 3.2 database for all file changes on a

    >client
    >> drive from one night to the next. Both nights are differentual

    >incremental
    >> backups so the last full is important. Also the absence of files is
    >> important.
    >>
    >> Chris

  4. Re: Custom Database Queries

    "Chris Backstrand" wrote:
    >I have a need to query the NB 3.2 database for all file changes on a client
    >drive from one night to the next. Both nights are differentual incremental
    >backups so the last full is important. Also the absence of files is
    >important.
    >
    >Chris

    Chris:

    The information is readily available.

    use

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpflist

    if you pass it a -HELP it will give you the options. Everything you are
    looking for should be available through the use of this command.

  5. Re: Custom Database Queries

    "Chris Backstrand" wrote:
    >I have a need to query the NB 3.2 database for all file changes on a client
    >drive from one night to the next. Both nights are differentual incremental
    >backups so the last full is important. Also the absence of files is
    >important.
    >
    >Chris

    Chris:

    The information is readily available.

    use

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpflist

    if you pass it a -HELP it will give you the options. Everything you are
    looking for should be available through the use of this command.

+ Reply to Thread