Re-using tapes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Re-using tapes - Veritas Net Backup ; I have old DLT's that I would like to re-use. How do I tell Veritas to delete this tape from inventory and re-assign as a new blank?...

  1. Re-using tapes

    I have old DLT's that I would like to re-use. How do I tell Veritas to
    delete this tape from inventory and re-assign as a new blank?

  2. Re: Re-using tapes

    "Don Hipp" wrote:
    >I have old DLT's that I would like to re-use. How do I tell Veritas to
    >delete this tape from inventory and re-assign as a new blank?

    I use the Media Management GUI (xvmadm). You click on the
    media ID that you want to remove and then right-click on it.
    You choose delete in the drop down menu. If the media is still
    assigned, it gets more complicated. However, if the media is
    still assigned you probably don't want to delete it anyway.
    Once the media is removed, you can just re-add like normal.

    Good luck,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread