determining write/read throughput - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on determining write/read throughput - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there any combination of command line tools that will help me to determine bytes/sec written (or read for that matter)? I can eyeball elapsed time and bytes written in the activity monitor, but I'd like to be able to ...

  1. determining write/read throughput

    Is there any combination of command line tools that will help me to
    determine bytes/sec written (or read for that matter)? I can eyeball
    elapsed time and bytes written in the activity monitor, but I'd like to
    be able to script it.

    Thanks.

    --
    Lance M. Tost, UNIX Administrator
    ltost@befree.com

    Tip of the moment:
    The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to offer
    them a drink.
    -- Fran Lebowitz, "Interview"

  2. Re: determining write/read throughput

    There are a couple of places to find this information. First, check out the
    "All Log Entries" on the reports menu in xbpadm. The other option is cumbersome.
    Goto /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs. Find the file whose name is jobnumber.filenumber_of_job.t.
    The average rate for the job is the last line that starts with KBW, the
    4th column.

    Lance Tost wrote:
    >Is there any combination of command line tools that will help me to
    >determine bytes/sec written (or read for that matter)? I can eyeball
    >elapsed time and bytes written in the activity monitor, but I'd like to
    >be able to script it.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >--
    >Lance M. Tost, UNIX Administrator
    >ltost@befree.com
    >
    >Tip of the moment:
    >The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to offer
    >them a drink.
    > -- Fran Lebowitz, "Interview"

+ Reply to Thread