Oracle EBU error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle EBU error - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm seeing 219 errors while backing up a Oracle Database. The drive is in an up status during this time, and the daemons are running. The problem logs report failures to connect to the media manager. Has anyone else seen ...

  1. Oracle EBU error

    I'm seeing 219 errors while backing up a Oracle Database. The
    drive is in an up status during this time, and the daemons are
    running. The problem logs report failures to connect to the
    media manager. Has anyone else seen this, and possible solutions?
    Thanks,
    Dan K

  2. Re: Oracle EBU error

    Dan:

    What version of Netbackup are you running and what is the tape library you
    are using?

    prior to netbackup 3.2 there was an issue with bpsched not re-reading the
    storage units that had drives that were down'd for a period of time. one
    of the things that I found to fix that was to place this in my script that
    checked for down'd drives and up'd them again.

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpschedreq -read_stunits

    if you are using version 3.2, that issue has gone away.

    -David Chapa
    "Dan Kalusche" wrote:

    >I'm seeing 219 errors while backing up a Oracle Database. The
    >drive is in an up status during this time, and the daemons are
    >running. The problem logs report failures to connect to the
    >media manager. Has anyone else seen this, and possible solutions?
    >Thanks,
    >Dan K

+ Reply to Thread