Looking for listing to describe all supported OSs (UNIX and NT) as well as HW - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Looking for listing to describe all supported OSs (UNIX and NT) as well as HW - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi there: Looking for info to help guide a decision. Want to find docs that detail which flavors of UNIX are supported as well as WINNT. We have Tru64, HP-UX, Solaris 2.5 - 2.8, Redhat Linux, WINNT, and soon WIN2000. ...

  1. Looking for listing to describe all supported OSs (UNIX and NT) as well as HW

    Hi there:

    Looking for info to help guide a decision. Want to find docs that detail
    which
    flavors of UNIX are supported as well as WINNT. We have Tru64, HP-UX,
    Solaris 2.5 - 2.8, Redhat Linux, WINNT, and soon WIN2000.

    Databases include oracle, informix, sybase, etc...

    Where can I find something that will detail this info for me?

    Many thanks -- Rick

  2. Re: Looking for listing to describe all supported OSs (UNIX and NT) as well as HW

    To the best of my knowledge its all supported (with the exception of W2K...coming
    in next version)...you can find it all on the Veritas website. Better yet,
    you can ask your sales/SE team to provide this kind of info for you.

    Regards,
    David

    "Rick Garland" wrote:

    >Hi there:
    >
    >Looking for info to help guide a decision. Want to find docs that detail
    >which
    >flavors of UNIX are supported as well as WINNT. We have Tru64, HP-UX,
    >Solaris 2.5 - 2.8, Redhat Linux, WINNT, and soon WIN2000.
    >
    >Databases include oracle, informix, sybase, etc...
    >
    >Where can I find something that will detail this info for me?
    >
    >Many thanks -- Rick

  3. Re: Looking for listing to describe all supported OSs (UNIX and NT) as well as HW

    Try this:
    http://www.veritas.com/us/products/nbux/matrix.shtml
    I am not sure if it is what you are looking for, but I have used this to
    look at hardware- all the way at the bottom is platform/OS support. I got
    there by using the yellow 'Site Map' button near the top of Veritas web site,
    then clicking on 'Veritias Netbackup'...then scrolling down.

    "Rick Garland" wrote:

    >Hi there:
    >
    >Looking for info to help guide a decision. Want to find docs that detail
    >which
    >flavors of UNIX are supported as well as WINNT. We have Tru64, HP-UX,
    >Solaris 2.5 - 2.8, Redhat Linux, WINNT, and soon WIN2000.
    >
    >Databases include oracle, informix, sybase, etc...
    >
    >Where can I find something that will detail this info for me?
    >
    >Many thanks -- Rick

  4. Re: Looking for listing to describe all supported OSs (UNIX and NT) as well as HW

    "Rick Garland" wrote:

    >Hi there:
    >
    >Looking for info to help guide a decision. Want to find docs that detail
    >which
    >flavors of UNIX are supported as well as WINNT. We have Tru64, HP-UX,
    >Solaris 2.5 - 2.8, Redhat Linux, WINNT, and soon WIN2000.
    >
    >Databases include oracle, informix, sybase, etc...
    >
    >Where can I find something that will detail this info for me?
    >
    >Many thanks -- Rick

  5. **Additional Info**Re: Looking for listing to describe all supported OSs (UNIX and NT) as well as HW

    Apologies for leaving this out- once you are in 'Veritas Netbackup' selection,
    look to the far left in the blue area and click on 'Support Matrices'. This
    is the same spot as the html page I gave you.

    "Lisa Myers" wrote:

    >Try this:
    >http://www.veritas.com/us/products/nbux/matrix.shtml
    >I am not sure if it is what you are looking for, but I have used this to
    >look at hardware- all the way at the bottom is platform/OS support. I got
    >there by using the yellow 'Site Map' button near the top of Veritas web

    site,
    >then clicking on 'Veritias Netbackup'...then scrolling down.
    >

    >"Rick Garland" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi there:
    >>
    >>Looking for info to help guide a decision. Want to find docs that detail
    >>which
    >>flavors of UNIX are supported as well as WINNT. We have Tru64, HP-UX,
    >>Solaris 2.5 - 2.8, Redhat Linux, WINNT, and soon WIN2000.
    >>
    >>Databases include oracle, informix, sybase, etc...
    >>
    >>Where can I find something that will detail this info for me?
    >>
    >>Many thanks -- Rick

+ Reply to Thread