Recovering expired backups - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Recovering expired backups - Veritas Net Backup ; I did a backup four months ago with a retention period of one month. I still have the tape with the relevant data. However, when I go to restore the data, I can't, because the "backup image" has expired and ...

  1. Recovering expired backups

    I did a backup four months ago with a retention period
    of one month. I still have the tape with the relevant
    data. However, when I go to restore the data, I can't, because
    the "backup image" has expired and been expunged from the list.
    How can I get that image back into my list so that I can
    restore the data from this tape?

    Thanks,
    Dan

  2. Re: Recovering expired backups

    You can use tar -tvf /device_name_here to get a table of contents. Then
    just use tar to get the stuff off the tape.

    --
    Patrick Wilson
    Systems Administrator - Vitria Technology

  3. Re: Recovering expired backups

    Do an Import from the NetBackup Admin window in the image pull-down
    menu. This will read the tape you define (as long as it is defined in
    the media manager) and import any or all image(s) you select.

    Peter Smith

    Dan Perez wrote:

    > I did a backup four months ago with a retention period
    > of one month. I still have the tape with the relevant
    > data. However, when I go to restore the data, I can't, because
    > the "backup image" has expired and been expunged from the list.
    > How can I get that image back into my list so that I can
    > restore the data from this tape?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dan

  4. Re: Recovering expired backups

    You must do a image import then do the restore

    Dan Perez wrote:

    > I did a backup four months ago with a retention period
    > of one month. I still have the tape with the relevant
    > data. However, when I go to restore the data, I can't, because
    > the "backup image" has expired and been expunged from the list.
    > How can I get that image back into my list so that I can
    > restore the data from this tape?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dan

  5. Re: Recovering expired backups

    how does this work in regards to expired oracle backups?

    Thanks,
    Bill.

    arazel wrote:

    > You must do a image import then do the restore
    >
    > Dan Perez wrote:
    >

    >>I did a backup four months ago with a retention period
    >>of one month. I still have the tape with the relevant
    >>data. However, when I go to restore the data, I can't, because
    >>the "backup image" has expired and been expunged from the list.
    >>How can I get that image back into my list so that I can
    >>restore the data from this tape?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Dan

+ Reply to Thread