Cleaning tape problem - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cleaning tape problem - Veritas Net Backup ; Well I found out why the drives kept dropping off line, they were trying to mount the cleaning tape as a writable volume. So my question is, what did I mis in the setup that makes the cleaning tape appear ...

  1. Cleaning tape problem

    Well I found out why the drives kept dropping off line, they were
    trying to mount the cleaning tape as a writable volume. So my
    question is, what did I mis in the setup that makes the cleaning
    tape appear as a writable tape instead of a cleaning tape?

  2. Re: Cleaning tape problem

    Marc Summers wrote:

    > Well I found out why the drives kept dropping off line, they were
    > trying to mount the cleaning tape as a writable volume. So my
    > question is, what did I mis in the setup that makes the cleaning
    > tape appear as a writable tape instead of a cleaning tape?

    yes. it's in the book. I think there's also a technote on it.

+ Reply to Thread