Drives keep dropping off line - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Drives keep dropping off line - Veritas Net Backup ; I was checking the logs today, and found that the drives had dropped off line on the 18th. It appears that there was some error, unsure exactly what, that caused the drives to drop off. This then makes all of ...

  1. Drives keep dropping off line

    I was checking the logs today, and found that the drives had
    dropped off line on the 18th. It appears that there was some
    error, unsure exactly what, that caused the drives to drop off.
    This then makes all of the scheduled backups fail until the
    drives are MANUALLY put back on line again.
    My question is, is there some way around this so I do not have
    to constantly check if the drives are on line or is there some
    way to make the automatically come back up on line?

  2. Re: Drives keep dropping off line

    Marc Summers wrote:

    > I was checking the logs today, and found that the drives had
    > dropped off line on the 18th. It appears that there was some
    > error, unsure exactly what, that caused the drives to drop off.
    > This then makes all of the scheduled backups fail until the
    > drives are MANUALLY put back on line again.
    > My question is, is there some way around this so I do not have
    > to constantly check if the drives are on line or is there some
    > way to make the automatically come back up on line?

    I recommend figuring out why the drives go offline and fixing that. They
    usually go offline because they are unusable, and something needs an
    administrators attention because there's somthing wrong. I'd fix the
    cause not the outcome.

+ Reply to Thread