We are using Netbackup 3.1.1 on AIX servers (IBM' unix) connected to an STK library (ACSLS) and we are using Oracle 8i.

So far, we have done cold backup (stop db, backup standard files, start db).
Now, we are willing to experiment hot backup and ... we have some trouble to start them.

We have relinked Oracle and have done everything just as described in manual (86A216EH) but it doesn't work.

Now 2 questions:
*1*
the executable file .../bin/oracle haven't change in size, is this correct?

*2*
Does anybody know what the type 'SBT_TAPE' means in samples scripts: