Stopping application before backup... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Stopping application before backup... - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, We have a Netbackup 3.2 environment on Solaris 2.6 with different types of clients. We would like to stop some applications before backup is started, if the application on the client doesn't stop we would like to skip that ...

  1. Stopping application before backup...

    Hi,
    We have a Netbackup 3.2 environment on Solaris 2.6 with
    different types of clients. We would like to stop some
    applications before backup is started, if the application
    on the client doesn't stop we would like to skip that one.
    How can this be done? If I use bpstart_notify, it tries to
    stop the application for each filesystem, since i use the directive all_local_drives.
    If I use session_start_notify
    on the server, an exit > 0 stops all backups...
    Has anyone got any hints? I'm not very experienced using
    netbackup (converted Legato user).
    TIA
    Mattias Lundström

  2. Re: Stopping application before backup...

    "Mattias Lundström" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >We have a Netbackup 3.2 environment on Solaris 2.6 with
    >different types of clients. We would like to stop some
    >applications before backup is started, if the application
    >on the client doesn't stop we would like to skip that one.
    >How can this be done? If I use bpstart_notify, it tries to
    >stop the application for each filesystem, since i use the directive all_local_drives.
    >If I use session_start_notify
    >on the server, an exit > 0 stops all backups...
    >Has anyone got any hints? I'm not very experienced using
    >netbackup (converted Legato user).
    >TIA
    >Mattias Lundström

    Mattias,
    Hi! I answered another query (for Brett Jenkins) about using an external
    scheduler.
    e-mail me if you want any more info.
    Cheers,
    Mark