Block-Level Backups for Oracle - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Block-Level Backups for Oracle - Veritas Net Backup ; I am using Netbackup3.2 and I want to start doing Block-level incremental backups on my Oracle databases. Why can't I choose this option? Are there sources of information regarding this type of backup? Because I haven't found them. Thanks for ...

  1. Block-Level Backups for Oracle

    I am using Netbackup3.2 and I want to start doing Block-level incremental
    backups on my Oracle databases. Why can't I choose this option? Are there
    sources of information regarding this type of backup? Because I haven't
    found them.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Block-Level Backups for Oracle

    I think this requires the Veritas File System with Quick I/O extensions. These are normally part of a Veritas Database Edition or they can be ordered unbundled.

    Mitch wrote:

    > I am using Netbackup3.2 and I want to start doing Block-level incremental
    > backups on my Oracle databases. Why can't I choose this option? Are there
    > sources of information regarding this type of backup? Because I haven't
    > found them.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

+ Reply to Thread