Tape archiving - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Tape archiving - Veritas Net Backup ; We have been archiving the last full backup of the month for some of our more inportant classes on Veritas. We have been using the duplicate search tool (under Netbackup Administration in the images menu) to find the media ID ...

  1. Tape archiving

    We have been archiving the last full backup of the month
    for some of our more inportant classes on Veritas. We have been
    using the duplicate search tool (under Netbackup Administration
    in the images menu) to find the media ID numbers. The problem is
    that when searching for the media id's for
    backups that span more than one tape it will only bring up the
    first tape that was used for the backup. Does anyone have a
    way to search for the backup ID #'s for backups that span more
    than one tape?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Tape archiving

    Lloyd wrote in message news:38710f25@hronntp01....

    > We have been archiving the last full backup of the month
    > for some of our more inportant classes on Veritas. We have been
    > using the duplicate search tool (under Netbackup Administration
    > in the images menu) to find the media ID numbers. The problem is
    > that when searching for the media id's for
    > backups that span more than one tape it will only bring up the
    > first tape that was used for the backup. Does anyone have a
    > way to search for the backup ID #'s for backups that span more
    > than one tape?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I generate a report using bpimmedia -U -mediaid mediaID, where medialID
    is the mediaID of your tape. If there is a backup spanning multiple tapes,
    it will list all the mediaIDs for that backup

    Hope this helps..

+ Reply to Thread