Netbackup with Clearcase Vob Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup with Clearcase Vob Server - Veritas Net Backup ; Is anyone else using netbackup to backup clearcase vobs? I am trying the following procedure: - lock the vobs - mount a vxfs snapshot of the vob fs - unlock the vobs - backup the snapshot fs - unmount the ...

  1. Netbackup with Clearcase Vob Server

    Is anyone else using netbackup to backup clearcase vobs? I am
    trying the following procedure:
    - lock the vobs
    - mount a vxfs snapshot of the vob fs
    - unlock the vobs
    - backup the snapshot fs
    - unmount the vxfs snapshot

    I tried this at one point and ended up corrupting my vob fs somehow.
    Is anyone doing something similar to this?

    Also, the bpend_notify script runs before the server writes complete,
    so I can't do the snapshot unmount from here. Any hints on how I can
    trigger the unmount when the backup actually finishes?

    Thanks:

    [Todd]

  2. Re: Netbackup with Clearcase Vob Server

    "Todd Postma" wrote:

    >Is anyone else using netbackup to backup clearcase vobs? I am
    >trying the following procedure:
    > - lock the vobs
    > - mount a vxfs snapshot of the vob fs
    > - unlock the vobs
    > - backup the snapshot fs
    > - unmount the vxfs snapshot
    >
    >I tried this at one point and ended up corrupting my vob fs somehow.
    >Is anyone doing something similar to this?
    >
    >Also, the bpend_notify script runs before the server writes complete,
    >so I can't do the snapshot unmount from here. Any hints on how I can
    >trigger the unmount when the backup actually finishes?
    >
    >Thanks:
    >
    > [Todd]

    I am doing Clearcase Vob Server backups too. My process much
    simpler:

    1. lock all the vobs
    2. backup the vobs
    3. unlock them.

    I am not sure about the process for locking, mounting, unlock
    and the backup. One thing I would try is to unlock after the
    backup.

    For the bpend_notify, mine seems working well too. Are you doing
    multi-client or multiplexing at the same time? Each client has its own bpstart_notify
    and bpend_notify script. The only one that is critical is the netbackup client
    where the Clearcase server is running.

    Youhua.

+ Reply to Thread