Error backing up a Large File (plus 2Gb) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error backing up a Large File (plus 2Gb) - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I'm running Netbackup 3.1 for Unix in an AIX 4.3 2 box. When it attemts to backup a large file (bigger than 2 Gb) it gets an error. The following error message is shown in the bpbrm log directory ...

  1. Error backing up a Large File (plus 2Gb)

    Hi,
    I'm running Netbackup 3.1 for Unix in an AIX 4.3 2 box. When it attemts
    to backup a large file (bigger than 2 Gb) it gets an error. The following
    error message is shown in the bpbrm log directory :
    01:13:02 [37660] <16> bpbrm main: from client bpsA: ERR - Cannot lstat /oracle/data/oradata/PROD1/datosPROD101.dbf.
    Errno = 127: Value too large to be stored in data type

    I should say that AIX file system was created with the
    "Large file system" option and Oracle (the file owner) support
    large file systems too.

    Does anyone have any idea ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Fabian

  2. Re: Error backing up a Large File (plus 2Gb)

    I forgot to say that these problems only appear on the client side. On the
    server I was able to do it. Actually I have backep
    up Oracle datafiles of 5Gb.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread