concurrent backup of the same box but different directories - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on concurrent backup of the same box but different directories - Veritas Net Backup ; Folks, This may be silly question, but I cannot figure this out. I am trying to kick off multiple backups on the same client but different directories. My tape rebot already has one backup running, but for some reason netbackup ...

  1. concurrent backup of the same box but different directories

    Folks,

    This may be silly question, but I cannot figure this out.
    I am trying to kick off multiple backups on the same client
    but different directories. My tape rebot already has one
    backup running, but for some reason netbackup will not allow
    me to backup any other files on this box. It simply puts it in the
    queue, if it is down manually. If is done automatically, it
    will eventually return error 196 ( window for backup has passed).
    I modify netbackup global attributes, and restart netbackup
    daemons, but no change.

    Any assistance would greatly appreciated.

    -- Milo A.

  2. Re: concurrent backup of the same box but different directories

    "Milo Auguste" wrote:

    >Folks,
    >
    >This may be silly question, but I cannot figure this out.
    >I am trying to kick off multiple backups on the same client
    >but different directories. My tape rebot already has one
    >backup running, but for some reason netbackup will not allow
    >me to backup any other files on this box. It simply puts it in the
    >queue, if it is down manually. If is done automatically, it
    >will eventually return error 196 ( window for backup has passed).
    >I modify netbackup global attributes, and restart netbackup
    >daemons, but no change.
    >

    >Any assistance would greatly appreciated.
    >

    >-- Milo A.

    Hi,

    I am assuming thatU have a robot with two tape drives in it. Check that U
    have

    1)Allowed NetBackUp to use all avaliable resource
    2)That the 2nd tape drive is configured like the 1st one. e.g both DLT7000
    / AIT etc.
    3)That the both the drive are configured to the library.

    Good luck.

  3. Re: concurrent backup of the same box but different directories

    Set the max number of jobs per client equal to the number
    of tape drives. You should set Max MPX to 1 in the class
    schedule.

    Frank Gleason
    Real Networks

    >Folks,
    >
    >This may be silly question, but I cannot figure this out.
    >I am trying to kick off multiple backups on the same client
    >but different directories. My tape rebot already has one
    >backup running, but for some reason netbackup will not allow
    >me to backup any other files on this box. It simply puts it in the
    >queue, if it is down manually. If is done automatically, it
    >will eventually return error 196 ( window for backup has passed).
    >I modify netbackup global attributes, and restart netbackup
    >daemons, but no change.
    >

    >Any assistance would greatly appreciated.
    >

    >-- Milo A.

+ Reply to Thread