Netbackup with Oracle 8i - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup with Oracle 8i - Veritas Net Backup ; Does any body know about this: Does Netbackup support the bolck backup for Oracle?...

  1. Netbackup with Oracle 8i

    Does any body know about this:
    Does Netbackup support the bolck backup for Oracle?

  2. Re: Netbackup with Oracle 8i

    "SChen" wrote:

    >Does any body know about this:
    >Does Netbackup support the bolck backup for Oracle?

    I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) you need to be running VxFS
    on the filesystem the ORACLE data is sitting on. You might even need the
    'FlashBackup' module ? Not sure about this though.

  3. Re: Netbackup with Oracle 8i

    You can do proxy backup with Oracle 8.1.5 in combination with Oracle edition,
    Block level incremental backup
    ( NBU 3.2, Oracle module for RMAN, VXFS, Quick I/O and BLIB ) This will give
    you the advantedge off
    Fast backup throug the file system and still RMAN keeps hold off wich files to
    backup.

    This is the best way in the industry, the other way is just to use RMAN and the
    backup module, ore just use BLIB with out the Module.

    Patrik

    Greg Foster wrote:

    > "SChen" wrote:
    > >
    > >Does any body know about this:
    > >Does Netbackup support the bolck backup for Oracle?

    > I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) you need to be running VxFS
    > on the filesystem the ORACLE data is sitting on. You might even need the
    > 'FlashBackup' module ? Not sure about this though.

+ Reply to Thread