Preventing a scheduled Client Backup on demand. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Preventing a scheduled Client Backup on demand. - Veritas Net Backup ; Any recommendations on "how to" prevent a client scheduled backups from running. The client is in a class with others and deleting it from the class would reset the last run information. I would like a method of preventing scheduled ...

  1. Preventing a scheduled Client Backup on demand.

    Any recommendations on "how to" prevent a client scheduled backups from running.
    The client is in a class with others and deleting it from the class would
    reset the last run information.
    I would like a method of preventing scheduled backups on demand.
    Only when the user has a exception.
    Veritas suggests remove the client bp.conf which would cause the backup to
    fails. This does not seem to be a very clean or user friendly. Any other
    suggestions.
    NBU Version = 3.1.1, Aix 4.2

  2. Re: Preventing a scheduled Client Backup on demand.

    Apparently removing a client and adding it back at a later date will not effect
    the scheduled frequency.
    Veritas suggests deleting the client from the class.

    "Dave Huston " wrote:

    >Any recommendations on "how to" prevent a client scheduled backups from

    running.
    >The client is in a class with others and deleting it from the class would
    >reset the last run information.
    >I would like a method of preventing scheduled backups on demand.
    >Only when the user has a exception.
    >Veritas suggests remove the client bp.conf which would cause the backup

    >fails. This does not seem to be a very clean or user friendly. Any other
    >suggestions.
    >NBU Version = 3.1.1, Aix 4.2

+ Reply to Thread