NetBackup pro - licenses still available? Replacement? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetBackup pro - licenses still available? Replacement? - Veritas Net Backup ; Does Symantec still sell licenses for this at all? or is a company required to upgrade to the newest product available? What would be the current replacement for NetBackup Pro v3.6 for 30 or so users? I have yet to ...

  1. NetBackup pro - licenses still available? Replacement?

    Does Symantec still sell licenses for this at all? or is a company required
    to upgrade to the newest product available?
    What would be the current replacement for NetBackup Pro v3.6 for 30 or so
    users?

    I have yet to find this info and trust me, I've tried!

    Thanks

    Jon

  2. Re: NetBackup pro - licenses still available? Replacement?

    As with most of these things, Veritas no longer exsists, that product WAS
    Veritas so i would say they wont sell you any keys for it... (as it doesnt
    exsist anymore).

    However Backup Exec 11d has a DLO (Desktop Laptop Option) which is very simular
    however i dont find it as "nice" theres no wizzy icons and cant seem to monitor
    how much storage its using like the older NBU Pro....

    Many Thanks
    Ashley

    "Jon Ting-Mak" wrote:

    >Does Symantec still sell licenses for this at all? or is a company required
    >to upgrade to the newest product available?
    >What would be the current replacement for NetBackup Pro v3.6 for 30 or so
    >users?
    >
    >I have yet to find this info and trust me, I've tried!
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Jon

+ Reply to Thread