The client does not have an owner associated with it on the server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on The client does not have an owner associated with it on the server - Veritas Net Backup ; Does anybody know what this error means? I am new to this as far as support....

  1. The client does not have an owner associated with it on the server

    Does anybody know what this error means? I am new to this as far as support.

  2. Re: The client does not have an owner associated with it on the server

    Usually means no one has logged into the device since the installation of
    the client, unless you have issued a change-owner-to-next-user-who-logs-in
    command. Log into the device and let the client load all the way up, then
    see of the owner changes.

    It could also have to do with whether you are using domain or account-based
    authentication.

+ Reply to Thread