Hi,
on our netbackup professional server (3.60.4.0) the NetBackup Professional
Console doesn't work.Infact when I run it, the following message appear
: Attempt to connect to backup service. After 45 seconds a new message appear
: This operation is not supported.

The four Veritas Services :

1) VERITAS NetBackup Professional Auto Upgrade Service
2) VERITAS NetBackup Professional Catalog Service
3) VERITAS NetBackup Professional Maintenance Service
4) VERITAS NetBackup Professional Server

are all up and running.

We think but we are not so sure that we have the problem from about 10 days
when the elettrical power went down and the server switched off.
In this holiday period we discovered the problem only today.

Thank you very much in advance.

LuiBer