Cant see my backups - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cant see my backups - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, We have recently installed NBP to 14 workstations and are having trouble seeing anything in the My Backups Folder. We have set authentication to trusted zone on the server and also made sure to check the boxes to allow ...

  1. Cant see my backups

    Hi,

    We have recently installed NBP to 14 workstations and are having trouble
    seeing anything in the My Backups Folder. We have set authentication to trusted
    zone on the server and also made sure to check the boxes to allow the clients
    to see and allow restores from there computers. So I'm wondering why I still
    can't see anything in the My Backup folders. It seems like a big hassel
    to have to always go to the server to do a restore when you could be doing
    it from the client computer. If anyone has any idea why this would be occuring
    could you please help. thanks

    John

  2. Re: Cant see my backups

    Make sure the the console shows the user that is logged in. If not do a change
    owner from the console to show who is logged in and a change to that owner.If
    NBP does not see you as a owner you can not see any data.

    "john" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >We have recently installed NBP to 14 workstations and are having trouble
    >seeing anything in the My Backups Folder. We have set authentication to

    trusted
    >zone on the server and also made sure to check the boxes to allow the clients
    >to see and allow restores from there computers. So I'm wondering why I

    still
    >can't see anything in the My Backup folders. It seems like a big hassel
    >to have to always go to the server to do a restore when you could be doing
    >it from the client computer. If anyone has any idea why this would be occuring
    >could you please help. thanks
    >
    >John

+ Reply to Thread