veritas client with socket read failure - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on veritas client with socket read failure - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a veritas windows client when i try to do a restore from the client I get a socket read failure. the backup server is a good server and I can resolve it with the host name. the client ...

  1. veritas client with socket read failure

    I have a veritas windows client when i try to do a restore from the client
    I get a socket read failure. the backup server is a good server and I can
    resolve it with the host name. the client is getting backed up. i just cant
    see the backup history on the client

  2. Re: veritas client with socket read failure

    Paul,

    Try this registry hack. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE and find Veritas.
    Find the folder named Client. In the right pane, you should see both the
    IP address of the server and the name. Change the name to match the IP address.
    This eliminates the client from using DNS to attach and goes directly to
    the IP of the system.

    Kent

    "Paul" wrote:

    >I have a veritas windows client when i try to do a restore from the client
    >I get a socket read failure. the backup server is a good server and I can
    >resolve it with the host name. the client is getting backed up. i just cant
    >see the backup history on the client

+ Reply to Thread