No File Grooming... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on No File Grooming... - Veritas Net Backup ; NBUP 3.51.52a File grooming has failed the last three days. I have to reboot the machine, then NBUP returns saying catalog is corrupt, switching to backup catalog. If I try and do a command line "AspCommandUsh -GroomCatalog", the process starts ...

  1. No File Grooming...

    NBUP 3.51.52a
    File grooming has failed the last three days. I have to reboot the machine,
    then NBUP returns saying catalog is corrupt, switching to backup catalog.
    If I try and do a command line "AspCommandUsh -GroomCatalog", the process
    starts in Task Manager (using CPU), then stoips after 10 minutes with no
    activity at all. All I can do then is reboot and it start over again.

  2. Re: No File Grooming...

    Gary,

    Sounds like you need the dbcheck tool as well. Contact your Veritas Support
    person and ask for a copy that matches your database rev.

    Kent

    "Gary" wrote:

    >NBUP 3.51.52a
    >File grooming has failed the last three days. I have to reboot the machine,
    >then NBUP returns saying catalog is corrupt, switching to backup catalog.
    >If I try and do a command line "AspCommandUsh -GroomCatalog", the process
    >starts in Task Manager (using CPU), then stoips after 10 minutes with no
    >activity at all. All I can do then is reboot and it start over again.

+ Reply to Thread