alternate location restore? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on alternate location restore? - Veritas Net Backup ; I am evaluating NBUP, and I want to know how to restore single files to a different computer. The program tells me it can't do it. Am I missing something?...

  1. alternate location restore?

    I am evaluating NBUP, and I want to know how to restore single files to a
    different computer. The program tells me it can't do it. Am I missing something?

  2. Re: alternate location restore?

    rafael wrote:
    > I am evaluating NBUP, and I want to know how to restore single files to a
    > different computer. The program tells me it can't do it. Am I missing something?

    Rafael,

    Assuming these are unix boxes, or maybe even if they're not, you
    need to create a directory /usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames. In
    that directory you want to create an empty file name for the
    alternate machine. i.e. If you wanted to restore a file that was
    originally on yacko that you want to restore to dot, you'd need to
    go to your master server and do a 'touch /usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames/dot'.

    Gregg

+ Reply to Thread