3.51.30 Upgrade Question - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on 3.51.30 Upgrade Question - Veritas Net Backup ; After encountering various problems Veritas Support suggested that I upgrade from version 3.50.05 to 3.51.30. After downloading the new version and reading the manual I have a question. NBUP is only running backups on our company’s laptops, and 90% of ...

  1. 3.51.30 Upgrade Question

    After encountering various problems Veritas Support suggested that I upgrade
    from version 3.50.05 to 3.51.30. After downloading the new version and reading
    the manual I have a question. NBUP is only running backups on our company’s
    laptops, and 90% of them are off-site. Now will 3.51.30 allow the earlier
    clients to continue to backup until the time that they are on-site and I
    can do the client upgrade? If anyone as any info please post it here and
    thanks in advance.

  2. Re: 3.51.30 Upgrade Question

    JH,

    Yes, your clients will continue to connect and backup to the new server until
    you have time to backup all of your clients. We are backing up about 800
    clients and it would be a mess to send the upgrade to all of them at once.
    I would recommend creating a separate upgrade profile and moving clients
    to that to stagger your upgrades. You can then move them back to the original
    profile.

    Kent
    "J H" wrote:

    >After encountering various problems Veritas Support suggested that I upgrade
    >from version 3.50.05 to 3.51.30. After downloading the new version and reading
    >the manual I have a question. NBUP is only running backups on our company’s
    >laptops, and 90% of them are off-site. Now will 3.51.30 allow the earlier
    >clients to continue to backup until the time that they are on-site and I
    >can do the client upgrade? If anyone as any info please post it here and
    >thanks in advance.

  3. Re: 3.51.30 Upgrade Question

    "J H" wrote:

    >After encountering various problems Veritas Support suggested that I upgrade
    >from version 3.50.05 to 3.51.30. After downloading the new version and reading
    >the manual I have a question. NBUP is only running backups on our company’s
    >laptops, and 90% of them are off-site. Now will 3.51.30 allow the earlier
    >clients to continue to backup until the time that they are on-site and I
    >can do the client upgrade? If anyone as any info please post it here and
    >thanks in advance.

    We have tested the upgrade and saw some problems with using the 3.51.30 client
    with the 3.51.30 server, so we have elected to keep our 3.51.15 and 3.51.20
    clients until the release of version 4.0. I am about to upgrade our production
    3.51.10 server to 3.51.30 based on tests which so far have shown no problems
    with these two older clients when used with the 3.51.30 server.

+ Reply to Thread